Updated November 2016
Sodexo is dedicated to Quality of Life Services and with that comes a total commitment to the protection of privacy.
What personal information we collect
We collect and process only information that you provide to us as necessary to contract our services.
When you visit our website, we collect:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites, including information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, using the “contact us” form, making a media request, posting material or requesting further services;
- Details of your visits to our site including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data as well as the resources that you access, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or to improve our website;
- Your name, email, education level, and employment history. If you create an account with our Careers centre and/or apply for employment;
- A record of your correspondence, as necessary, if you contact us;
- If you accept to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, we will keep your response.
- If you carry out transactions through our site, details of the transaction will be kept for the fulfilment of your orders.
- Additional information as necessary when you report a problem with our site.
For what purposes we use personal information
We use personal information exclusively for the purposes stated when you contract our services or for purposes of online recruitment and careers management.
From our website, we use personal information to,
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notify you about changes to our service;
In addition, we may offer you to opt-in to allow the use of your personal information by Sodexo and by identified selected Sodexo partners, to
- notify you of goods and services which may be of interest to you;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
Cookies are small amounts of data from our website that interact with your computer. They collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you.
Cookies enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches.
- recognize you when you return to our site.
Google shares your information with its service providers who process the information on Google's behalf. Google does not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Google does disclose your personal information except as required by law and with verification of lawful authority.
How we protect personal information
We protect personal information with all the necessary measures that correspond to our risk assessments and that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Specifically,
- physical safeguards, such as secure areas,
- technological safeguards, such as computer access controls and,
- administrative safeguards, such as:
- employee privacy training and supervision,
- retention schedules to ensure we do not retain your personal information for any longer than necessary to provide you service or to meet our legal requirements.
On our website,
- we safeguard all information on our secure servers.
- any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Still, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal information to the level of identified risk and sensitivity, you must understand that it is impossible to guarantee the security of data transmitted over the Internet. We do guarantee, however, every necessary effort.
When we disclose it
We never disclose personal information without your consent unless in the following exceptional circumstances:
- where we are required to by law, for example, through court orders or judicial warrants
- where we are allowed to by law, for example, with other companies and organizations where it is reasonable and necessary not to compromise an investigation in relation to fraud or other violations of Canadian law.
Where it is stored
The personal information that Sodexo collects from you may be transferred to, and stored outside Canada. That means your personal information may be subject to access by governmental authorities of the country where it is stored. Still, Sodexo, and Sodexo service providers, would never disclose the information except through a lawful request.
Who we share it with
Your information may also be processed, on our behalf and to serve you, by our suppliers, or other third parties. We share with them only the personal information they need to perform their designated functions, they are subject to contractual obligations to protect the personal information at the same high level as Sodexo, and they are prohibited from using or disclosing personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Your right to access and remedy
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody. To do so, please contact our Privacy Office, below.
Should the access you request, is prohibitively costly to provide, or the information you seek contains personal information about another individual, or it is legally protected, we will inform you of the reason for our inability to provide you access.
Our Chief Privacy Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with our privacy obligations throughout Sodexo.